Monday, March 1, 2010

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING: Zebras Are For Zoos





















This is the beginning of a new segment called "What Were They Thinking." This segment is reserved for truly horrible and ugly clothing made by a designer or store that usually makes great stuff.

The first thing I thought when I saw this shirt was "wow, it looks like a neon zebra from 1987." It turns out that my immediate thought was the best description I could come up with. If you want to look like a Neon Zebra from 1987, this is the shirt you should wear to do it.

What were they thinking putting all of these fabrics together? Each individually sucks on its own...did they think it would be better when all of them were together? Let's also examine the halter. The think black fabric strips bring the outfit from "ugly" to "ugly and cheap looking"

Shame on you Forever21! What a miss!

3 comments:

  1. OMG. Wow. Sadness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kind of enjoy the abstraction of it. It looks like a drawing rather than a piece of clothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i actually like this...its funky and cute..when worn with a bunch of neutrals I think it could totally work

    ReplyDelete