Friday, June 4, 2010

BUDGET BELLE: Summer Lovin'


Ah, the joys of June. Sun. Breeze. Humidity. (One of these things is not like the other.) I like summer. I don't love summer, but I like it. The one thing that prevents me from having a love affair with summer is humidity. Feeling drenched in sweat, like you need a shower the minute you step outside of your apartment? No thank you. Nicely groomed hair that turns into a frizzy mess? I'd rather not.

Unfortunately, I have yet to figure out how to rid my life of humidity. However, I've developed what is perhaps one of the handiest tricks for dealing with humidity-induced frizzy hair - especially if you're on the go. Hairspray. I rarely use hairspray for actual styling purposes, but it's my go-to product for fighting frizz. How? It's so simple I can't even stand it. Spray a small amount of hairspray in the palm of your hand. Then - run your hands over your hair and through your hair to smooth down frizzies.

I'm in love with this trick for a variety of reasons: First, you can throw a small travel-sized bottle of hairspray in your bag and use this trick anywhere. It's that easy. Second, by using your hands to smooth your hair, you don't have that stiff, dried hair-spray feel on your hair. (Though you'll need to wash the hairspray off of your hands. The more you know...) You can still run your hands through your hair without that weird gunky feeling. Finally, the hairspray won't weigh your hair down because it's distributed more evenly.

There you have it. It may not be enough of a breakthrough for me to love summer (or humidity), but I think it's enough for a truce.

No comments:

Post a Comment