Tuesday, February 15, 2011

COMFY COQUETTE: Revamp Your Style - Taking it to the Streets


When I first started writing these posts, I was inspired by a resolution to revamp my at home look -- trading in my sweats and pj pants for cute but comfy lingerie and lounge wear.

Like most people with resolutions, I got lazy about a month in. But ladies -- it's February, the social pressure of Valentine's Day is behind us, and I am determined to pick back up where I left off. So, here goes: the first in a series of posts about how to revamp your style, to find the comfy coquette in all of us.

Part 1: taking it to the street

First off, everyone needs lounge wear: the go to, casual wear you slip into on weekends, good for running errands, sitting in front of the TV, and other leisurely activities. If you're like me, this can be hard to pull off, especially if your "go to" lounge pieces consist of a patagonia fleece from sophomore year of high school and ill-fitting workout pants. Say it with me now, "revamp!"

The true test of cute lounge wear is to see if it is street-worthy. Simply answer the question, "Can I wear this out of the house without looking like I'm wearing underwear, nostalgic for high school or my college sorority?"

A few great options to invest in:

Chic Wrap

Ok - it's a little pricey. But you can literally wear this wrap F-O-R-E-V-E-R. Pair with a tee/tank with jeans for brunch or slip over a chemise or PJs at home. This is a go-to lounge piece that every comfy coquette must own.

Made By: LuLuLemon Athletica

Price: $118



Versatile Tee

I've posted about this tee before, but it is so fab I must do it again. This V-Neck from American Apparel is literally the best tee you'll ever own. Perfect with PJ pants, jeans, high waisted skirts - anything. It's the most versatile top!! (And absolutely, does not look like underwear.)

Made By: American Apparel

Price: $22



Flattering Leggings

These leggings from Lucy are designed to suck you in, and trim your waist line. Wear to the gym with sneakers, or out and about with flats - as long as you pair with the right top, you can make these your go-to casual bottoms.

Made By: Lucy

Price: $68







No comments:

Post a Comment