Monday, November 22, 2010

Vintage Vixen: Tie-neck Blouses

Tie-neck blouses are in style... For good reason! They are so feminine and classy. I've squealed at seeing them on recent runways, and am happy every time I see one on the street! I'm featuring 3 different vintage decades below just to show you how many options you have when searching the vintage archives for this very fashionable style.

Brown Embroidered Eyelet Lace Jackie O Jacket with Bow


Here is a jacket/blouse from the wonderful 1950s. Be chic and charming with big sunglasses and cropped high-waisted pants and ballet flats. Brilliant!

Price: $42.00

BUY IT

Vintage Polka Dot Bow Tie Shirt


Tucker for Target recently released a polka dot tie-front shirt that I wanted to love, but I thought it missed the mark. This mid-60s gem is what I wanted it to be. If you click through to get a better look at the fabric, you'll see the polka dots are a little different, making this shirt a little better. This is CUTE! Tuck it into a little skirt with a nice jacket and you are set.

Price: $18.00

BUY IT

DIOR SILK BLOUSE New with Tags Red and Black Silk 1980s-early 1990s


SILK! DIOR! SIDE BOW TIE! I can't sell it any more clearly than that. Red and black can be a challenge. But you can pull together a sweet outfit with this piece. Love it!

Price: $30.00

BUY IT


So there you have it. I am officially obsessed with tie-front blouses. Part secretary, part first-lady, part fashionista... I need one now!


Till next time,

xoxo Vintage Vixen

No comments:

Post a Comment