Friday, June 11, 2010

SPORTY SPECIAL: Get Your Lululemon On




Happy Friday, fashionistas! I don’t know about you all, but I’m a morning workout person. I like the feeling of having an eight-mile run under my feet before my clock hits 8:00 a.m. In San Francisco, this often necessitates dressing in layers. And when it comes to layers, I have one word for you: Lululemon.

Lululemon is a fitness apparel company with a cult-like following in San Francisco. If the San Francisco Marina invited you to a Saturday morning party, the invitation’s dress code would specify “Lululemon. And maybe a yoga mat.” There’s something about Lululemon’s tanks, tops, jackets, pants, and capris that say you’re ready to go to hot yoga, then a Bellini brunch with the girls, then hiking in Marin, then grocery shopping, and then to a movie…all in the same outfit. It’s weekend warrior wear.

Lululemon can also be a bit pricey; they know they have women hooked on their spandexy drugs. So when I see a cute Lululemon on sale, I pounce like a Cheetah with a hunger for designer Lycra!

This Lululemon warm up jacket is perfect for that early morning jog in the fog, or the walk to and from your gym. It’s form-fitting yet forgiving, made of a light, wicking material, sports a mesh back for breathability and a hidden pocket in which to stash your keys and post-sweat snack money, and my favorite part: the thumbholes in the arm openings mean your hands stay toasty (not to mention that it’s just plain cute). I’m partial to the pink, but it also comes in baby blue, grey and black.

So go ahead fashionistas: get your Lululemon on!

$89.00 (was $118.00)

No comments:

Post a Comment