Friday, January 22, 2010

Honey, Do!













I have to make a confession. I rarely wear lipstick. I know, I know - how can someone who writes a weekly beauty column not use one of the most iconic symbols of beauty (or at least beauty products). I've been on the quest for the perfect, everyday flattering shade for quite some time now. You know what I'm talking about. The perfect color that makes your whole complexion brighten a little. The one that makes you feel beautiful. (Even on a Monday.) When you clearly did not get enough sleep last night and you have tons of work piling up on your desk, but dog gonnit you look GOOD. Yeah, that perfect color. I've been searching so long that I was pretty much ready to give up a few months ago.

Until I found it - Clinique's Almost Lipstick in "Black Honey." Don't worry, it's not as gothic as it sounds. In fact, it's a gorgeous dark plum shade that goes on incredibly sheer - just a hint of berry-ish color that looks a bit as if someone's been nibbling on your lips. The wonderful thing about this shade is that it's flattering on almost every skin tone. If you want a bit of a darker color, just layer on a little more until you get your perfect nibble-worthy look.

And the best part? The color stays on longer and keeps your lips moisturized - no need to apply a lip balm. Now my lipstick quest is over. Let the nibbling begin!

Made by: Clinique


Price: $14


Buy It

No comments:

Post a Comment