Friday, April 29, 2011

FRUGAL FIANCÉE: All Hail Princess Kate!






So the dust has had a bit of time to settle and mostly the reviews are positive about Kate's dress and overall style. I wasn't kidding when I said that as go princesses, so goes bridal fashion. Grace Kelly was a style icon of her time and Princess Kate is bringing that impeccable elegance back.

The lace on the dress isn't matronly, its delicate and even adds a bit of sexiness to the dress but still in a way that makes it appropriate for the occasion and stature of the event.

The train I think was necessary ( if you are getting married in Westminster Abbey, you need a train) but I liked that it didn't extend all the way to the back of the Cathedral. Her sister Pippa has been getting quite the buzz too (pictured above holding the train). Pippa looked beautiful in her white dress, though I'm not sure if an all white bridal party trend will make it to the U.S.



If you want a dress like hers, the above is a great option from White by Vera Wang. It's not a one-of-a-kind, but it has a similar feel. I cant wait to see more dresses like it.

Made By: White by Vera Wang for David's Bridal
Price: $1300


All in all, I'm excited to see what Princess Kate will influence in fashion generally, and, as a fellow 2011 Bride I say: Best Wishes!


No comments:

Post a Comment