Friday, February 5, 2010

BUDGET BELLE: Isn't It De-Lovely?


















If you thought my commitment issues with hair products were bad, trust me, you ain't seen nothin' yet. I have what I like to refer to as an "appreciation" for perfume. (Others may refer to it as an addiction.) No matter where I'm going, I will always splash on a little something. Fancy dinner date? Check. Date with my DVR and Josh Lyman? Check. Laundry? You know it.
Some people have a signature scent? I probably have at least five. I like to pick perfume based on my mood, what I'm doing, where I'm going...you get the drill.

I think part of the reason I'm so fascinated with fragrance is that I find it so intriguing that two people can wear the same perfume and it will smell different. (The scientific reason behind this is that perfume smells different because each individual's skin is different, and the time it takes for a fragrance to evaporate off of an individual's skin - thus releasing the fragrance - differs for each person.)

Ok, so now that I've gone all Bill Nye the Science Guy on you, let's get back to the point. While I can't recommend a "favorite" perfume, I can definitely recommend one that I always keep in my rotation. "Lovely" by Sarah Jessica Parker is one of the perfumes that I must have available at all times. It's a blend of lavender, orchids (one of my personal favorites), amber, apples, fresh linen and musk. I know, it sounds like a lot going on, but it smells heavenly. And now it comes in a rollerball, which I love because it's travel-friendly and less than $20.

I can feed my perfume addiction, stay within my budget and still carry-on my luggage for fear of losing my bags in a Birmingham. (I'm looking at you, Delta.)
In a word? Lovely.

P.S. If you're like me and you don't want to buy a perfume just because of the description (even if it does sound amazing), stop by your local Sephora, Ulta or department store. If you ask, they'll usually give you a small sample of any fragrance you want so you can try it out before you buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment